With the current situation and so many people working from home, it is nice to have a beautiful space that doesn’t damage the environment. Etsy is a good place for finding some unique decor, plus you are supporting small businesses. So, are you ready to get started?
- Firstly, it is best if you analyze what is needed. Each room and space have different functions. Some need to look presentable for business calls, and with others, it is all about coziness and style.
If your guest room is also your office, then you can mask the bed and make it look more like a couch, not by going out and purchasing new furniture but by getting a few pillows and creating a snuggle spot. It is super stylish and comfortable.
For your dressing room, obviously, it is good to have a big mirror. Organizing the clothes and accessories you have is great as it looks good and you will be able to find everything quickly.
2. If you want to be more eco-friendly, then you should definitely try and repurpose what you already have. If you want to change the way the bed looks, for example, you don’t have to buy brand new pillows, just new covers. In this way, you will also save some money, which is always a plus. Make it a habit to first check what you have at home and whether there is a way to update it and then go shopping.
3. Thrifting is an awesome way to be more eco-friendly. After realizing what you are really missing try visiting the secondhand market. You can also browse Etsy for inspiration and purchases.
4. Another great thing about a website like Etsy is that you know you are supporting local businesses. If you are not crafting yourself, you can just be the buyer of some items made by artisans. There are so many creative people out there, so it’s impossible not to find what you are looking for.
5. Since this is your home, you should try and make it as personalized and inspiring as you can. Focus on the items, no matter how small, that make you happy. Select them and then think of a way to put them on display. Do you have a candle that is from a special someone? Make it a centerpiece, so you think of this wonderful person every time you see it. Do you have something sentimental which has unfortunately broken? Put it back together with some glue, maybe even highlight the cracks, embracing the flaws of everything, and put it on display. And do you have a special, personalized item that reminds you of a wonderful moment in time? Now is the time to bring it out and have it front and center in one of the rooms.